Wilhelm (William) Fridolf Winblad
- Born on December 4, 1881 in Sweden
- Immigrated in 1888
- Died on April 20, 1903
- Parents were Peter Winblad & Clara Magnuson
Rena Koksma [Winblad]
- Born in 1881 in Holland
- Died in 1904 in Minnesota
- Parents were John Koksma & Frances DeVries
- Buried with her parents in Rosehill Cemetery in Hinckley, MN
Wilhelm & Rena
- Married on January 18, 1902
- Had 1 child: Wilma Frieda Winblad
Wilhelm Winblad was born in Sweden. He and his parents immigrated to the United States in 1888.
Rena Koksma was born in Holland (the Netherlands). She immigrated to the USA.
Wilhelm & Rena married on January 18, 1902.
William became sick with tuberculosis and was sent away to a better climate. He recovered from TB, but his health continued to decline. He returned to Minnesota and died at his parents' house. He was 21 years old and he and Rena had only been married about 9 months.
About a month after Wilhelm's death, Rena gave birth to baby Wilma on June 29, 1903.
Rena died sometime in 1904, about a year after her daughter's birth, at about 23 years old. Her official cause of death was "cancer of the liver and spleen", but Wilma always said her mother died of a broken heart.
Wilhelm and Rena are not buried together.
Children EditWilhelm and Rena had one child.
Wilma Frieda Winblad [Nyberg] Edit
Wilma was born on June 29, 1903, about a month after her father's death, and was named for her father. About a year later, her mother also died. Orphaned Wilma was then raised by her mother's parents, John and Frances Koksma, and sister, Fronie Koksma. Wilma died on December 13, 1985.
She married Oscar Nyberg.
- Born on October 14, 1897
- Died on November 29, 1993
- Parents were Swedish immigrants Peter and Ellen Nyberg
They had 8 children: 6 girls and 2 boys.
- Gladys, Dorothy, Donna, Paul, Irene, Annette, Leonard, Jeanice
- As of 2016, 5 of these are still living
Wilma and Oscar are buried in Rosehill Cemetery in Hinckley, MN.
- FamilySearch.org profile
- US Federal Census - 1910, 1930, 1940
- Social Security Death Index - Wilma Nyberg
- Minnesota Birth Index - Annette Nyberg, Leonard Nyberg, Jeanice Nyberg
- Minnesota Death Index - Wilma Nyberg
|1881||Rena is born in Holland|
|December 4||1881||Wilhelm is born in Sweden|
|1888||Wilhelm immigrates the USA with his parents|
|January 18||1902||Wilhelm and Rena are married|
|April 20 or 22||1903||Wilhelm dies|
|June 29||1903||daughter Wilma is born|
|1904||Rena dies in MN|
Documents & Articles Edit
Sweden Indexed Birth Records Edit
|given name||Wilhelm Fridolf|
|birth date||December 4, 1882|
|birth place||Pjätteryd, Kronoberg, Sweden|
|father||Peter August Winblad|
Iron Range Research Center Edit
Minnesota Deaths and Burials - Wm. F. Winblad Edit
|Name||Wm. F. Winblad|
|Death Date||April 22, 1903|
|Death Place||Miloca, Mille Lacs, Minnesota|
|Father's Name||Peter A.|